Plunger how to:
Two heaped tablespoons per cup, plus one heaped tablespoon for the pot.
- Prime the plunger by rinsing with hot water.
- Scoop the coffee into the plunger then fill with hot water just below boiling point (90-94°) -- you should allow one cup of water for each serve of coffee.
- Pour the water close to the coffee so that it stirs up and saturates the coffee grind, forming a crust.
- Let the coffee crust steep for around 4 minutes (less for a weaker brew, more for a stronger brew), to allow the coffee oils to dissolve.
- Stir the crust to form a crema on the coffee.
- Gently but firmly press/plunge the filter down. If the filter is difficult to press down you may have used either too much coffee or too fine a grind.
Plunge time = 8-12 seconds, water temperature = 90-94°