With the increasing popularity of lactose free and non-dairy milk options, we are wanted to share our top steaming tips when working with Almond Milk.
Almond Milk is a sensitive product and the following tips will assist you in achieving the best results with your favourite coffee.
Tips for Steaming Almond Milk
- Always shake milk carton first to combine sediments
- Dose the required amount of milk to your jug, be sure to have the right sized jug for the amount of milk you are going to need
- Steam and allow air into the milk (texturing) in the beginning only and as gently as possible to create a creamy texture
- Almond Milk is mainly water so it cannot texture to a cappuccino consistency. Steam it gently as if it was a flat white. Trying to texture it more will cause very bubbly and bad texture of the Almond Milk.
- Avoid overheating, as this will increase the chance of splitting in contact with the espresso shot
- Pour it slower as well to stop the splitting and breaking of crema due to its watery consistency
- Purge steam wand before and after steaming to avoid cross contamination
Note that if you enjoy your coffee extra hot or as a double shot, be aware that there is a high chance the Almond Milk will “split “.